Friday, February 09, 2007

oh, my keys

I went to dinner with my Aunt tonight because it was her birthday. We had a nice time and parted ways. On the way home I decided to return a book to Borders that I realized a couple pages in, it just wasn't me.
Before getting out of the car I reached to the backseat and grabbed the book, made sure the receipt was in it and jumped out hastily as to make a quick exit and bolt into the store out of the frozen parking lot.
As I made my way to the door I realized something wasn't quite right... it was the lack of jingle from my keys. Ah friiik... CRAP.. daNg It (i don't know why, but i still cannot udder an expletive outloud... i do it more often in my head... what's the difference?)... I LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR! Not to mention the spare was IN the car too. Real smart, Lisa, real smart. I had the spare in the car because of the mechanic work last week and never moved them inside!
I proceeded inside to return my book, all the while brainstorming what I should do about this predicament. It would've been easy if I had signed up for AAA already, since it has been on my mind, but that would be too convenient. I decided to call my dad, he knows everything... okay, not everything. Of course I knew what he told me, but it's always nice to get reinforcement, so I called up the non-emergency police line. They were very friendly and sent a nice policeman out to fetch my keys! :) (so, note to self, police in MG have "lock-out" service.. not all cities do)
Actually, two policemen came out... the first one got them to unlock and the second one copied down my license info. While doing so he said, "hey, did you go to Champlin Park H.S." I said, uuh, yeah... (also note that I was in my car and he was on the passenger side standing) and then he said "yeah, so did I, I know you... we went to Champlin Elementary together, too." He told me his name and I was very surprised. It wasn't a very ideal situation to "catch up" so-to-speak, you know, him standing outside in the frigid air without a jacket (apparently they don't wear jackets? what's that about) and me sitting in the driver's seat trying to get my car warm. As I thought about it later, I think I remember that he had a crush on me in grade school. How funny life can be sometimes!
One last thing... if you know me at all.. you know I haven't lived in one place for more than two years in the last 6... that makes about 5moves since I moved out of my 'rents place. The thing I hate doing most with the moves is changing my license. Last place I lived I was due for a new license in the following December, so i waited. This time... I've just put it off until Jan. because I had to get License tabs... perfect!
Good thing I just got my license in the mail on Tuesday!! Pretty sure they could've fined me, even with the new papers showing my renewal... but maybe since I knew the one guy... he'd give me a break. :) haha...

the end...

1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

OH MY GOSH! I hate when that happens!
My favorite part of the whole thing is your label: cars and crap.
Love you! ::)