Saturday, July 01, 2006

back from belize

love is all you need.

i'm slowly learning that belize is trying to share the place that Haiti has in my heart. but i do believe it is different in some ways. i will share more on that later.

it's good to sleep in my own bed... but home really isn't home, having moved while being gone. i knew it would be strange, but i didn't know how drastically it would affect my mood this morning. not having familiarity was really hard and brought me to tears many times, not to mention having some culture shock, too.

my cable line isn't going to be hooked up until thursday, so here i stand(because I need to go quickly) at Dunn Bros checkin' up on my e-life, if you will. :) course, not much was missed because everyone knew i was gone. it's all good... and funny to realize how much junk mail you can get in 11-12 days. Especially in the account that seperates the really really crappy stuff. you still get things like "new music tuesdays" from iTunes or Ticketmaster Concerts. Atleast I do, and never realized how much. There are some "random" facts for you.

and now i'm signing off... more processing and pictures to come...
call me or email, or i will(wasn't meant to sound like a threat)... i miss friends! :) hope to see you all soon

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Lisa,
Sounds like you had an interesting trip. I am looking forward to reading more about your Belize/Haiti reflections. It must be strange to be "home" in a totally different place. At least your job is still the same old thing...welcome back!

Erin Bennett said...

I'm glad you're home. We should hang out sometime soon!

david said...

Welcome back! Can't wait so hear more about the big trip and see the pictures!