Tuesday, November 07, 2006

i voted!

You can all rest assured that I put my annoyances behind me and voted today! I don't think I really would have not voted, but I wish we could vote on a new way of getting the information to people. Whatever happened to the truth? Why can't politics be explained better without having to do so much research to make sure you know what your voting will get you.

Maybe it is laziness on my part. I should make sure I'm more informed, instead of just voting along party lines, but atleast I did my civic duty. No matter how the election turns out, I'm glad I know that ultimately God is the final vote when I leave this place in the dust!

Thus ends my political banter and blogging. I hope you've enjoyed my non-researched views on DECISION 2006! (tee hee)

3 comments:

david said...

Way to go! I'm proud of you! Voting is never convenient, in fact I think it they go out of their way to make it difficult! If voting was to be convenient, it would be on a Saturday afternoon of your choosing.

Erin Bennett said...

Amen to that, David! I was listening to the radio later on Tuesday afternoon and there is actually a group of people who are out to change our voting process, including the fact that election day is the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. There is absolutely no reason for the date. Luckily, I got in and out of my polling place in about 5 minutes (with an 8-month-old in tow, mind you!). Never mind that I passed three polling places on my way to my designated polling place. Whatever. The commercials are over. The signs are down. Actually, the signs aren't down. Is it legal for me to take care of that for people? :)

Lisa said...

i don't know if it's legal, but i'd sure join you in doing so!