Thursday, November 02, 2006

Is it Nov. 8th yet???

I am so sick of this political season... I honestly cannot wait until it is over. I am not into politics AT ALL. I'm especially sick of the "unknown" calls I keep getting on my phone from the Republican party who doesn't even let you get a word in edge-wise. I've gotten two calls so far, you'd think I'd learn to not pick those calls up, but calls from the church also show up as "unknown." It's enough to make me just not want to vote... the only thing I'm interested in voting for is the "VOTE YES" License Amendment or whatever you call it. Unless there are some hidden bad things they're not saying about this... I'm all for our tab tax money going to make the roads better or wherever it's coming from. See, I can't even keep all the specifics down.
I'm not even sure where I'm supposed to vote and haven't receieved anything in the mail, maybe I would've if I changed my address on my license already. But, Angela hasn't received anything either, so I don't think that is the ticket. Who knows... all I know is that, as I said before, I'm ready for it to be next wednesday.. then I can watch my favorite shows like Grey's Anatomy in peace, without politcal basher ads.

Well... that's it for now... I think I might actually go to bed early tonight. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

here's a funny picture from a few weeks ago when i went apple picking with the senior girls. there were a couple of llama's and goats in a little pen. How cute! I was thinking of that story book, "are you my mother?" when i wrote the caption. :)
Llama for Govenor!

2 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

Cute picture.
I actually got an e-mail (which I have since deleted) about why it isn't the smartest thing to vote yes for the transportation deal. There is a lot of "hidden agenda" stuff. Anyway, I can't remember where I vote either. We got a call from someone campaigning for Kennedy and Dan was like, "Yeah, we're going to vote for him. He's family." And the woman laughed. Dan said, "No really, he's in the family!" He is married to my dad's cousin. Ah, my claim to fame.
BY THE WAY, I was pretty sure that "all of my friends are pregnant" had to mean more than just Leah and your sister. :) You're good at keeping a secret. The funny thing is that I totally didn't believe Rich at first. But how exciting!
Well, this has gotten long. I should have just e-mailed you. :)
Love you! Yesterday was fun. Let's do it again soon.

david said...

I'd agree that I'll be happy as well once all the political stuff is over. I'd consider myself fairly into politics, but I don't know anyone who likes the ads. You should vote even though you are frustrated, it is part of being a contributing member of society! Thousands died for that right, it was called the American Revolution (taxation without representation).

Apple picking must have been fun, I haven't done that since I was a kid.