Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Target's Starbucks coupons

I work at Starbucks in Target.

A few times a day we have "guests" who have received a Target coupon for a Starbucks coffee drink. They get printed out at the end of the cashier's sale, nobody knows what the method is for who gets what coupon.

I seriously dislike these coupons. Not because you can save money, but because more often than not, the "guest" doesn't read the coupon correctly. I will agree that it can be a little bit confusing, BUT don't crab at ME when you find out you're saving .70 cents and not $3.00! The coupon states, $3.00 with coupon for a tall caramel frappuccino. Yes, I know it's confusing, tall's are actually small. But, to get back to the $3.00 bit, this doesn't mean that when I say you owe $3.22 after taxes, that you only owe .22 cents! I conversed with a woman for 3minutes about the fact that it said it was $3.00 with the coupon plus tax. She continued to say, okay so here's the $3.00(the coupon) and .22 cents(in change). This happened two times. She couldn't understand what it meant, and towards the end she was almost getting me confused about how it was to be read.
I know that our drinks are expensive, it's true. But, do you actually think we're going to give you THREE DOLLARS OFF?! (not shouting, just emphasizing, and add a little sarcastic flare to it)
The other popular question is, "Wow, they're usually $6.00?" Um, no.

Oh the stories I get to tell, and the people I get to laugh "with."

No comments: