Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Starting up again

Wow, it has been a seriously long time since I've blogged.

Major life events have come and gone. Boyfriend. Proex job lost. New job at Starbucks@Target in Ridgedale. Move to new place with friend. Additional job as nanny taken. New Church. Engagement. Nanny job ends. House gets broken into. Wedding Planning. Transfer to new Starbucks Target location in Plymouth. Move into Apt. Marriage. Honeymoon. Life as a wife..... Whew! That's a lot of stuff.

In my one of my last entries, I was optimistic and excited about my job loss, and looking at starting a business, etc. etc. My motivation was soon swept away by demands of a real paying job, positive distraction of my then-boyfriend now-husband, and realizing card-making wasn't going to pay the bills any time soon.

Next up... What am I doing with my life... now?! Where should we live next... and how do we save for a down-payment on a house? Is it possible to live without so much "stuff" and sacrifice space for money savings? Should I go to school for web design or hunker down and be disciplined to teach myself and update my rusty design skills? How do I learn to cook healthy, and why is it so hard to plan meals ahead of time?

These questions and more are what I will be blogging about, of course with some random thoughts and stories sprinkled throughout.

Alright friends. I'm going to try and do this atleast once a week. let's see how I do.

(click on blog title, or to the right in the Archives to see other entries)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Sorry i distracted you from a business, thats a hard oneto swallow :) just kidding...life had been great with you and I really enjoyed this and look forward to more!!! From your husbo :) Ryan

Sara Sparrowgrove said...

Hey Lisa,

I am going to school for Marketing and Interactive Media and honestly I could have taught myself more than likely. If you want to save money and time look into which books are the best out there and try it on your own. If at that time you think you can benefit for more than look into schooling than. A website that is kind of cool is called Lynda.com if you are thinking of looking into Flash also.

Just my two cents:)
Good Luck!
Sara

Lisa said...

Thanks Sara!
In the past, I haven't been great at teaching myself, but it might be a good thing to try in the meantime of my decision making. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Lisa