Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Thanksgiving verse/"blessing" for you all...

I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way–in all your speaking and in all your knowledge– because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
1Corinthians 1:4-9 (NIV)

version from The Message:
Every time I think of you– and I think of you often!– I thank God for your lives of free and open access to God, given by Jesus. There's no end to what has happened to you–it's beyond speech, beyond knowledge. The evidence of Christ has been clearly verified in your lives.
Just think– you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside you to keep you steady and on track until all things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.

As I was reading this in the NIV version, I was trying to make sense of it, and wanted to put it on here as a prayer of thanks to my friends. I decided to take a look at it from "The Message" point of view, and really liked it's version. I love how God surprises me while reading a verse I'm intending for something else and then it's like BAM... "no Lisa, that was for you too"

No comments: