Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Balanced!

One thing I hate most in life is balancing my checkbook... I finally got a new checking account and things seemed to be going fairly well, until I made a couple stupid mistakes and made myself get overdrawn because I transfered money to a diff. account before I should have.(forgive my run-on sentence) It was so frustrating because I had the money... it just wasn't in the right account! GRR! I really don't know what I was thinking. So, for the last week I relied on my credit card until things just leveled out again. Thank Goodness for Online Banking!
I had to set everything straight in my checkbook tonite and wanted to make sure it all balanced out. I was nervous as I wrote everything in and started calculating... the first time through, it came up unbalanced, but I remembered a couple things and re-calculated and VOILA! Perfect Match! How Beautiful life is when those things check off right, makes me want to do a little dance that I did it right, without having to call my dad and ask... "Okay, so do I add the deposits or subtract them... I always forget?" I Remembered myself... (pat on the back)... this seems like a silly thing to post, but I haven't had a statement balance out like that for atleast a year. That makes me smile! :)

Oh, and this past weekend was the Sr. High Winter retreat at Timber Bay Bible Camp... it was a great weekend! Here's a couple pictures... sunsets, broomball, and a somewhat creative pic for ya.


(as you can see, to the right of this picture, someone wiped out... it was WAY slippery!)
(careful getting up, Gary!)It is so beautiful and peaceful up-north!

1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

Beautiful pictures!
I used to really enjoy balancing my checkbook. Call me crazy. It's the type A in me. :) I've moved on since then.