Friday, January 20, 2006

A TRIBUTE TO SCOTT! and "The Office" Obsession

Our dear friend and co-worker Scott announced to us last friday that he is moving on from VVG. The reasons definitely make sense, and he will be greatly missed, and never forgotten for the many qualities and successes he brought to our team. One of those things was being influential in the decision to use a new printer for our large run CD booklet/traycard printing. Just one of the small things he added to the company... so to honor him on his last day(tomorrow, friday), "the design team" (and Angela, our production superstar) we wanted to give him a fun surprise... so, VOILA... (post-its and tinfoil are so handy! I think we may need to order some more)









Before/After
(I was in a wierd mood all day! it's not all that abnormal tho)









(although it's not a 100% new idea, we took this on to a superb, if I do say so myself, level of creativity!)
I'm sure this day will be a most memorable one for him... i think the preparation has been half the fun already... this is definitely in my top 5 favorite memories of VVG!

WE LOVE YOU SCOTT... you will be missed by all very much!
-----

And now on to "The Office" obsession... oh, you thought the previous story was my obsession... not in the least, although as I said... very fun and sad (i will say it did inspire some notes/quotes on the post-its). My new favorite sitcom is The Office, and I know I'm not the only one who digs it, but seriously I wonder if I'm the only one who laughs out loud multiple times during each episode. I really can't get enough of it, and to fill in the void of when I'm waiting from one week to the next to watch, there is even a website with fun features. One such feature is a blog from Dwight... it's his actual character posting blogs. I just discovered this today while searching for more quotes for my post-its. I am going to have to catch up... one of the latest ones was his reaction to LOST, the episode about Eko(sp?). What fun! I think you all should link up to this and check it out, you'll get some good laughs, especially if you work in an office setting.

4 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

I, too, am obsessed with The Office! And I don't know who could possibly watch an episode WITHOUT laughing out loud! My favorite part last night was when Michael was on the phone with Oscar, and Dwight said, "Ask him his symptoms. I'm on Web MD."

david said...

I like the decorations! While the idea may not be new, it is a great way to show that you care!

I have yet to watch the office. There is just too much out there to watch and not enough time. I'm feeling pretty good to squeeze 24 into my day right now. It isn't very funny, but man is it good stuff!

Lisa said...

That's so great... I think I laugh at those little lines more than the ones everyone repeat all the time. :)

But, I did like the "Smells like Updog" thing.

gloria said...

The Office, Scrubs, and Arrested Development -- my favorite shows on T.V. We've been getting them on DVD so we can see all of the episodes we've missed. sooooo funny. I think it was laughing hard at Arrested Development that put me into labor! :)