Thursday, June 02, 2005

the decision

So... my decision about Coldplay...
not gonna do it.... :( to much saddness... but not regret because David had a good point that I'm sure in the next few years they will be here again. I hope this makes me no less of a Coldplay fan though. The reason for my plight is that I didn't really think of the money factor, i was thinking i'd just charge em, but i just can't bring myself to do it... the prices are indeed lower than U2, but not as low as I originally thought. And, right now, I have decided to make some financially smart decisions because as of late I haven't been. I have to start sometime and regretfully it is for this. Sacrifices sometimes have to be made... I feel a bit strange posting this kind of reason... so don't feel bad or anything like that. I'm really feeling okay about it, much worse things could happen(ie. see haiti blog). Maybe I'll win some off the radio... atleast I hadn't asked anyone if they'd want to go, that would really have sucked to tell them I couldn't.
Tha tha tha thaaaat's all folks!

3 comments:

david said...

Good call. This last tid bit of information changes everything. Never charge away fun you can't pay for. There is no good reason to pay 18% interest for a concert. By the time you pay it off it will cost you half again as much.

It is my personal rule that vacations, dinning out, concerts, and any other entertainment should be paid off in full without streaching out a balance. Well, I guess that is my rule for the credit card period, but especially for optional stuff like this.

Good job Lisa!

Lisa said...

You are so right, there is no good reason to pay 18% interest for a concert! :)

Lisa said...

CRAP, I just lost my chance at THE event of a life time... nothing that I do will ever be as good as that now. (SIGH)
what ever will I do?

well, maybe going to europe, getting married or having kids will match up to it... almost (that is if i am able to reach those goals) :) ...

;)
haha