Friday, June 10, 2005

Unexpected Reactions to X&Y

Okay, this is a quick review, but I didn't want to put it off any longer. I bought the new coldplay cd right away at Target on Tuesday because it was only $10!! That was awesome! So, I was anticipating a great cd from beginning to end and when I popped it in the first time, it totally didn't grab me. I mean, I guess not all cds are like that, but with U2's new album the first song is just rockin' and sweet(now overplayed) and I actually had to take a couple listens to love the whole thing. Getting back to Colplay now, I listened to the first song in my car and like I said, it wasn't what I expected. That was the farthest I got until I pulled into work(it's very close to Target)... so I put it into my co-workers computer because she has louder speakers than mine, and I was really disapointed because the vocals were just nowhere to be heard... well, you could sort of hear them but not well. Since it was not my computer and not my speakers, I wasn't familiar with them and tried all I could to improve, so I was thinking that maybe it was the recording or how they wanted it. I was beginning to really wonder what I bought.
Well, it finally finished on the other computer and I decided to test it out on mine... WOW, what a difference! I could hear the vocals, that really makes all the difference in the world... you're all probably saying "duh.. hello, obviously it was the speakers"... but stranger things have happened, I tell you! Upon the second go through I was much more happy, but it definitely has a different tone. I really like Chris Martin's voice, and that hasn't changed. I think my favorite song so far is "Fix You"... mostly for an awesome instrumental bridge at the mid-end of the song. Calling it an intrumental sounds really boring... but it's awesome! I was never in formal music classes, so I don't remember terminology for what I'm hearing other than it just builds up to a climax and goes off into beautifully rocking guitar riff or sorts. I don't know much more how to explain it, but I really like it!
There's a non deep review of it... have a wonderful night... i'm off to dream-land now...
night all!

2 comments:

david said...

Whoa! I actually wrote you an email about "Fix You" on my first listen through of the album, but then thought getting that excited about the final third of a song seemed kind of lame and didn't send it. That is easily my favorite song on the album.

Lisa said...

haha, that's funny! I think you breifly mentioned that in an email, but now you know it's not lame! I'm glad you agree!