Saturday, May 27, 2006

Moving... stress... belize

I hate the process of moving. I don't know anyone who likes it, unless they like it because you go through things and get rid of junk. Besides that, it just stinks. It doesn't help that I'm leaving for Belize BEFORE the move-in date and will be gone while my dad and bro-in-law move me. I feel awful, but the harder part is packing boxes. I feel that I need to start early because I'll have enough stuff to do trying to get things together for Belize, but I can't really pack up all the boxes until just before I leave, either.
So, that being said, I'm a bit stressed, but I'm in the calm before the storm phase. I'm actually sitting here typing because I'm procrastinating packing. I went and got boxes, and packing tape I just have to get them out of my car. But, really, it doesn't make any sense for me to start now, because I have to leave for church in ten minutes or less. (what was I doing for the last hour since I got home? putsing of course)...
Belize is coming in three short weeks... THREE... ahk... it just doesn't feel like it's coming together. I know it will and it is, but having completely different leadership than I'm used to (Steve/Al) is hard to adjust and feel out. It's strange to think that last year at this point, we were still in Haiti mode. We didn't find out until two weeks before, yet I somehow (though it was HARD to adjust) knew that everything was going to work out. Maybe it's just that Steve has a good way of putting you at ease and letting you know that he's got it under control. So, if anyone feels like praying... that's one thing that I need prayer for... trusting that Scott's really got this together and that we're not forgetting any important parts.

I'm off to church tonite... going up to my sister's in Paynesville to play on the lake... actually I should remember to bring a book because I think they're thinking of fishing mostly. I'm not a HUGE fan of fishing... especially since you have to get a license for like $17 and I won't be doing it very often anyways... owell... I'm sure we'll play in the water too. Anyways... you all have a wonderful Memorial weekend!

No comments: