Monday, May 29, 2006

Painting Zone

I wrote on Saturday that I was procrastinating packing, and then went to church. I had planned all along to paint at some point on Saturday and never got to that either.... until... after a power nap which I took after church... I needed some energy to embark on my painting escapade. (I'm flowering this up, way too much) Okay... this is what I did...



I had wanted to paint something for my sister and bro-in-law for christmas and never had the time, so I decided that I was going to finally start. We had talked about what she wanted, so earlier in the day I mapped out a few things on the computer. She told me she's going for a French "country" look, that's contemporary- not country like "mom" country (ie: cows, chickens, blues and pinks). In the picture you can see that her walls are a light greenish color, but what you don't see is that one of her walls is a maroon/brick red. The red and yellow are going to be her accent colors. I tied those in and she also asked for "fleur di li" so thanks to the wonderful world of symbol fonts, I was able to print them out and make stencils. (hey, not all artitsts make everything free-hand:)) You can also see on the wall to the left in the above pic that she has these great candle holders that are "vine" looking, so I added some vines to the pic as well. I'm quite pleased... and especially because it only took me about 3-4 hours to complete. I've never started and finished something at one attempt. I guess I was just in the zone and since I was going to see her the next day I thought it would be super awesome to have it done for her.

I added this one too, for no special reason other than maybe you can see the detail a little better. I couldn't take a non-blurry shot w/o the flash. Shoulda taken one during the day, outside or something. Owell... :)

1 comment:

david said...

That is awsome! You did that in 3 hours? It looks like a lot more work than that, then again, I can barely paint a house white.