Sunday, March 04, 2007

so much snow!!

It has been a wild week and a couple days in weather, eh?! I just thought I'd share a few photos of my adventures in the snow.
The first one is last weekend driving home from Paynesville (30mins. west of St. cloud) at 11:30pm in the blustery snow. We checked MNDot road conditions and it said the roads we were to travel on were fair-good and marked in green. I was with my mom and dad... they drove the Jeep Wrangler up, so we had four wheel drive. My dad was pretty sure it would be okay, especially with the MNDot web reports.
Well... MNDot was wrong! And, I usually don't freak out, but it was a long day and still getting over a cold.. so lets just say I was not happy, and feared for my life the whole ride!

The next couple pictures are from the last snowfall. I got to work fine on Thursday, as did most others, but instead of driving back home after work at 5:00pm (I tried to leave earlier but it just didn't happen) I crashed at my mom and dad's. My dad was gone, so I helped my mom shovel and snow blow... their snow blower is ancient. It's SO hard to push, my arms are still feeling the affects!
Angela and all the other school teachers and kids of the metro got friday off, so she was able to get some great shots of our driveway. I think she took them around 11 and the plows hadn't even done the streets in our developement! There's no way we would've been able to get out.

This one is the view out our front door. Before they came to shovel. Looks pretty cool with all the snow drifts.


















This one below is a good perspective in how much snow has accumulated over the last week and a half. Almost to the top of my grill!! Crazy!



On to some photography done by my niece, Sarah! This is Joshua and myself... what a cutie pie!

This one below is probably more funny to me than anyone else. This is Rainbow Brite's puppy, I got it when I was in Kindergarten (pretty sure atleast), and now Sarah is playing with it at grandma's. She took the picture, I think she's an aspiring photographer! :) She also took pictures of her other furry friend stuffed-animals... boo boo kitty, nala, etc.

No comments: