Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Another wedding down

Well, I picked up a few more pointers for whenever/ if ever I have my big day.

1. Not doing foot washing.
(i get the symbolism and what not, it just doesn't flow for me)

2. If I wanted to do a slideshow (not sure about one anyways)... I'd have it run while letting the rows out.

3. I'd consider doing the worship time at the end of the wedding. I was surprised that it was at the end, but it was a cool thing to end with. It was cool that the whole wedding party came down from the stage and were apart of the "congregation" of guests. I don't know that I'd ever been in such a deep worshipful place(within myself) during a wedding before.

4. Not introduce my wedding party as if they were a personal ad/miss america as they walk into the reception.

5. The DJ will play more than just the typical wedding music fare... and have much more swing dancing music, and at the beginning of the dance. Veto(sp?) YMCA from the beginning and make sure the DJ has the correct version of the Electric Slide... it's a classic favorite.

6. Oh yes! And one big one, do the bouquet toss soon after the dance begins... or right away! I missed my chance at that AGAIN! Only two more left this year. I better talk to a couple of these brides! :) haha The first one, some old married asian woman caught it! That's got to be outlawed! too bad there aren't do-overs

Okay... now that I've analyzed the poor couple's wedding I must comment that it really doesn't matter what I think... it's her day and it was everything she wanted, so don't think I'm an awful person! Well... whatever if you do, I can take it! :)

good night my dear friends

3 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

By the way, it's WHENEVER! Not IF EVER you get married. Now if I hear that kind of language out of your mouth again, young lady...
:)

Lisa said...

okay okay... sorry MOM... wow, those are words you'll hear sooner than later! :)

david said...

I'm going to have to agree with Dan on this one. There were some interesting moments in the wedding. Great overall, but you are right Lisa about the slide show. Too long. Sunday weddings are also hard on me. I must not say more.