Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Six Flags Great America: The Ultimate Coaster Haven

This past few days (sun-tues) was spent with 70youth in Chicago at Six Flags... pretty much the ultimate trip for the Senior High Youth and their leaders!

I LOVE RAGING BULL and SUPERMAN!!!

They are the two best rollercoasters ever built... as far as I'm concerned. I really have only been to two amusement parks, so maybe it doesn't count, but I just don't see how they can get any better unless they lasted more than 3 minutes (which is pretty darn long for a rollercoaster).

Superman description....
You walk to your seat with the track above your head and the seats hanging down from it. You sit in a form fitting seat that has a heavy duty harness coming down over you and another harness type thing that straps your legs in the sitting position. When everyone is checked and locked up, the seat rotates you so that you're now staring at the floor- in a superman flying type position. It pulls out of the boarding station at a minimal speed and brings you up to a point that doesn't seem so high and without an indication you're bolted into fast action doing a complete summersault. It's hard to describe in words just how unreal and freakishly adrenaline rushing this one loop feels. I was screaming and about two thirds of the way down it was cut off by my stomache coliding with my throat.
Although I practically screamed my guts out on that first loop, it was still amazing, I loved it, especially because when I got off, I didn't have that light-headed dizzy feeling like I get when I get off Batman.

Here's a non functioning link that you can go to, it shows the rides so you can really see what they're like...
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/Rides/list.html(i'm not web savvy enough to figure out how to do a link directly yet... gotta work on that)

Raging Bull description...
This one is awesome because you totally feel like you're weightless at so many points in the ride. The first drop is exhilarating, especially if you take your sandals off and go bare-foot with the wind wooshing through your toes and you're on one of the end seats. It gives me the best feeling ever... the adrenaline high is incredible. I can still feel it after two days... I so want to be there soon! So this description is failing miserably at being really specific, but you should just really go if you haven't been there before.

I was saying to Tim that I wonder what it would feel like to go there without running on less than adequate sleep. That would be nice... I think they're open until October... hmmm...
road trip anyone?? :)

4 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

I'm so jealous! And I would love to road trip, but pregnant women can't go on rollercoasters. :(
By the way, your e-mail story did make me laugh. How ironic!
Love you!

david said...

Erin! You're pregnant?! Congrats! I'm all about road trips! I'll have to see how school shapes up, but if you are planning a trip, at least let me know when!

david said...

Ok Erin, I read your blog entry now, it has been a while since I've done much in blogland. Wow.

Lisa said...

i haven't really mentioned the road trip to anyone... actually Tim kind of came up with the idea, but I assumed he was mostly joking since he'll be freshly married :)

maybe i'll do some more talking... not sure about how serious I am... days off and what not come into play, as you are fully aware of :)
keeping it in the hopper though