Monday, October 24, 2005

it's an evanescence sort of couple days

i go in ruts sometimes with music, and I think Evanescence will be one of those for awhile... it helps a lot for me to just belt out this when I'm stressed or a little upset in areas of my life... this is one of my outlets...
here are some lyrics of one of her songs...

whisper

catch me as i fall
say you're here and it's all over now
speaking to the atmosphere
no one's here and i fall into myself
this truth drives me into madness
i know i can stop the pain if i will it all away

don't turn away
don't give in to the pain
don't try to hide
though they're screaming your name
don't close your eyes
God knows what lies behind them
don't turn out the light
never sleep never die

i'm frightened by what i see
but somehow i know that there's much more to come
immobilized by my fear
and soon to be blinded by tears
i can stop the pain if i will it all away

don't turn away
don't give in to the pain
don't try to hide
though they're screaming your name
don't close your eyes
God knows what lies behind them
don't turn out the light
never sleep never die

fallen angels at my feet
whispered voices at my ear
death before my eyes
lying next to me i fear
she beckons me shall i give in
upon my end shall i begin
forsaking all i've fallen for i rise to meet the end

some of the lyrics make me wonder what she's really trying to say... because I like the line that says "I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away"... but at the same time, I know that I can't do it all on my own... but I am the one who has to "choose" to not sit in where I'm at... so that's how I see it for me

anyone else have any comments about it? or of any other random things... or any other good music to use when stressed or upset to let it all out?

2 comments:

gloria said...

The words of this song evoke tension in me, instead of peace. I don't want to "will it all away" and I've never experienced that as actually helpful. I'm not sure what she means either. 'Course sometimes the words don't matter as much as the music and lyrics together create a great place to cry out all the the pain and angst in our souls. Or to release the tension of trying to be alive in this world. Music, song is an amazing gift.

Lisa said...

You're right... I don't know that "willing it all away" has ever helped.

I kind of posted this in a fury of emotion... didn't think about it as much... but, I think it really was more about how the music and lyrics together created a place for me to cry out everything.