Sunday, October 30, 2005

dark days ahead (in the literal meaning)

I do like setting my clock back in the fall for an extra hour of sleep, but I dread the shorter hours of daylight. It's just depressing sometimes, I don't fully understand why we have to go back and forth all the time. I mean, what would seriously happen if we just didn't ever do it? I'm sure there's some research or history about it out there in internet land, but I've got better things to do that sit and read an article about something I really can't change at the moment anyways.

I don't know why I felt the need to blog this... but i did.

Happy Halloween-

Anyone coming to Night in the Light? I'm doing face painting... yay! I'm really excited, I'll be the one with overalls on and a bandana in my hair!

4 comments:

david said...

I know you probably didn't really want an answer, but I'm the kind of guy that gives out answers anyway. I found a some good background on DST on Wikipedia. Apparently we have the Germans to thank for originally adopting it in WWI. From there other countries joined in on the fun.

I'd be all for getting rid of it too. Down with DST! At least now we are back on standard time.

-Standard Time, time used the way God intended it

Erin Bennett said...

I hate DST too! We should form a club. They did pass the bill to change DST, though, so that we get an extra month or so. It doesn't start until 2007, but we will change our clocks in November instead of October.
Have fun face painting!!

mjonthemove said...

howdy. I always heard that the US changed it to impact gas prices. They wanted people to spend more in the 1970s on gas. So, they allowed for more daylight. The theory is that it was it's proven that more daylight = more time spent out on the town going out, doing things.

gloria said...

Rats! You were at night in the light and I didn't read this until today, Nov 7. Would have been fun to say hi. Did you see me? I was the one that, according to Dan Bennett, looked like a swallowed a globe!