Thursday, October 06, 2005

still too busy...

It has still been one busy season with me lately. Although I've made a step in a couple right directions financially and in that one certain thing I wasn't specific about in the blog before this one. So, though things are still very busy at work and kind of still at home in general... I'm sort of seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, or atleast a tiny bit lighter of a load.

So, if I could give my life right now a song it would be....

40
by none other than U2, of course.

I waited patiently for the Lord
He inclined and heard my cry
He brought me up out of the pit
Out of the miry clay

I will sing, sing a new song
I will sing, sing a new song

How long to sing this song?
How long to sing this song?
How long...how long...how long...
How long...to sing this song

He set my feet upon a rock

And made my footsteps firm
Many will see
Many will see and fear

I will sing, sing a new song
I will sing, sing a new song
I will sing, sing a new song
I will sing, sing a new song

How long to sing this song?
How long to sing this song?
How long...how long...how long
How long...to sing this song

I just love this... though the thing that God brought to light and made me realize is hard, I will still sing a new song. It's amazing how we can be so stuck in one place, and not really realize it until we're willing to give something up.
That's where I'm at right now... at this place of things constantly changing and me not... until I give it all up and totally trust in Him and depend on Him no matter what, my things will remain and I will gain no distance. So God help me to keep giving up these things I feel like I need to hold on to, the things that only I can choose to release to you.

1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

This is a great song...and a great (well, better) place to be.
And "that one certain thing I wasn't specific about"? I think you need to e-mail me!
Love you. :)