Thursday, September 29, 2005

overwhelming

This week has been a very busy week in Vision Van Gogh land.... many projects to do, and not enough hours in the day to do them. Not to mention I sort of took on a little side project for a friend. It should turn out to pay-off, but it's hard to work at home, after a long day of work already.

I hate how when you get really busy at work, every other thing in your life seems that much bigger and harder too. I was in tears Tues. after talking to the H.Insurance co. and then Allina... I really don't like them by the way.. long story short... had to get shots and pills for belize, my current doc.'s office (north clinic) didn't have a travel doc., had to go to Allina and got charged for one of the visits because you only get one "preventive phys." a calendar year. UGH! Anyways... I was trying to reason with them and understand where things went wrong... I feel bad cuz I hung up on the lady at Allina, I guess it wasn't exactly her fault, but they just treat you like you should know all these things. It really really really sux...

Today I was on the verge of tears for no other reason than that I was thinking too much about a certain situation, I just couldn't let it go and work on my stuff. But, I finally took a deep breath and prayed for God to take it away. It took a couple minutes, but I just let it go... and what do you know, it worked. I forget so often to take deep breaths and look UP†!

Sometimes I feel like if I don't think abotu it, I'll forget completely about it, and then the problem or situation will get worse. You know, another phrase that so many christians use is that one that says, "let go, and let God"
so I know it's true... but sometimes it sounds too easy... maybe that's the point? I don't know...

So, to my overwhelmed-ness... I say... I'm getting through this.... but not on my own!
Thanks God... for opening my eyes to see you sitting right there beside me all along.

2 comments:

david said...

You have a lot going on right now. Yikes. It might not mean anything to you, but I can definately relate with balancing work, school, and a social life. Some days I think I'm doing really well juggling them, others I feel like I'm falling apart. Hopefully I'm at least somewhere in the middle. Good luck.

mjonthemove said...

Lisa, you are a real trooper. I don't know what to say to encourage you besides, you are really cool.

and you should link to my blog from your blog. rock!