Friday, September 23, 2005

A wiff of Katrina.

As I drove to work this morning and viewed the outcome of our disastrous storm, my emotions rose up in me. I wasn't seeing a lot of houses severely damaged, but there were many huge trees uprooted and split in two. I think the emotions come because it is such an amazing(though not good) display of power, and it makes me wonder why and how others don't believe in God.

Another thought that came to mind was Hurricane Rita that is about to hit Texas and of course, Katrina. Our devastation here, is much much less, I dare to say a "fifth" of the destruction that Katrina caused. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be shocked or upset or anything about what happened here in the Twin Cities, but it just gives us a small wiff of what happened and will be happening down south.

Lord, have mercy on the south!

1 comment:

gloria said...

Yeah, I got the whiff too. What would it be like to lose every house on the block, to have whole neighborhoods wiped out?