Friday, September 16, 2005

declaration...

I have made a vow to myself that I must not get engaged until after November of 2006. A funny vow/declaration, I know. Especially since there's really no official boys in the picture anyways. Probably even stranger that I feel the need to post this on my blog, but as the title of my blog is... it's random! (and i don't care if it were to be classified as blog vomit or whatever some ppl say...!!)
I've just realized that after this october I'll finally be done with having immediate friends getting married(knock on wood). There aren't many of my friends who are only in dating relationships, and yeah, it could happen in any way... BUT... I'd really like to go a whole year without thinking about ANY marraige/wedding etc plans. As much as it really is a beautiful and wonderful thing, it's hard being a single woman when weddings are the only things that seem to be happening lately. I want to go a month without thinking, "hmm.. I wonder what that will be like for me"
People say that you shouldn't be planning your wedding before you have the ring, but when you're in 3 weddings in one year, it's pretty much inevitable. You picture yourself and of course some face-less man in every certain situation. Maybe if I would've been proactive in the beginning, I could have tried to make my mind think of something opposite, like my funeral or something. haha.. okay, no, not a laughing matter... i could pick something a bit less morbid, but at this point I have no ideas. I don't know if that would have helped, but if I had known I'd be feeling and thinking these things... I think I'd of tried something different.

So, all that to say, I was at a girls only engagement party(friends got together and gave her ideas, advice etc.) for a friend's sister, of whom I know fairly well. That is where all of these thoughts came from as I was driving home, because I don't want to be the mean girl who hates weddings, but I decided I just REALLY need a break. And... for this sweet girl, I need to gracefully tell her I love her, but not that much. haha... JK... but really, she has like 5 other girls who are all excited to give their ideas. I'm really not needed. AMEN!

so... hold me accountable.. would ya? :) haha
(but really, you've probably got a pretty easy job... )
(p.s. and please please just in case... don't tell me how it will be me next... or i have nothing to worry about.... that's really really not what this was about at all!!! it was just about needing a break from the wedding fare)

1 comment:

david said...

I'm finally catching up on the blogs, hopefully I'll post later tonight. In any event, I'm right with you on the wedding stuff. There are only so many a guy can attend without going crazy.

Good luck with your vow! I'll be sure to get tough with you if you think about stepping out of line on this one. I mean, what are friends for?