Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thanks for the blessings God!

I've never actually liked that word, "blessings." It sounds so cliché, and so over-used in christian settings, but for lack of a better term it is what I have been receiving lately.

It seems that I'm always so surprised when God seems to really care about the little things, and then remind me that they really aren't little. For instance, these last few months I've really wanted to try and cut back financially because honestly I simply can't afford going out to eat more than once a week, or even 4 times a month. It really has been a struggle to figure out where my money is going, and for that reason I have signed up for the Good Sense Money Management Class.

The class starts this weekend, and I know that it is not going to be easy, it will be a lot of work. But even in signing up, saying "yes" to be financially stable, I've noticed little ways that God has blessed me through trusting him. It has been hard knowing what to give money to, but then when I give to the things I know are important, he seems to provide in the areas that I don't necessarily "need" to spend money. (ie. out to eat)

So, this is a "shout-out" to God... Thank you Lord, for providing the "little things"... and also the big things.
(but those are what we notice more, and don't have as much trouble thanking Him for)

1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

I love this! I have also not enjoyed the word "blessings" because of its overuse in a CERTAIN Christian setting I spent time in a couple years ago. :)
And although it is classified as "eating out" and it will cost money, I am REALLY looking forward to breakfast on Saturday. Where are we going??
Love you lots!
(by the way, I'm anxious to hear how you like the class--we need to take it but the current session dates didn't work for us.)