Thursday, September 01, 2005

Git busy Livin' or Git busy Dyin'

Shawshank Redemption... great movie. It's really intense at parts, but I love the ending. I just saw it on TNT tonite, (so if you haven't seen it, I'm sure it will be on sometime again next week or even this weekend! :)) and even though I have it on DVD, I still sit and watch it with the commercials. I often wonder why I don't just put in the DVD instead, watch without commercials, see everything and get done sooner than the duration of it on TV. Owell...

It made me think of all the places I want to see before I die. I want to live, live a full life and experience things... these are just a few of the places...

Washington D.C. (all the museums and memorials, etc.)
Boynton Beach, FL (go back to where I used to live when I was 5, just to see what it looks like now)
Yosemite National Park/Redwood Forest (always wanted to see the giant trees you can drive through)
California (go to the coolest beaches there, i forget the names)
Italy
Scotland
Ireland
Pretty much all of the UK
France
Spain's Gold Coast
Australia/New Zealand
Thailand
China (for the Great Wall)
Africa... to help in someway with poverty, etc.
Haiti atleast one last time to Tricote
Belize again
Slovakia

The list could go on... one other thing I've been thinking a lot about lately is the hurricane. I mean, who hasn't, right? I keep thinking how much I'd like to help somehow, just giving financially doesn't seem like much because what I could give seems miniscual(sp?). How is my $10 or $20 going to help? Oh me, of little faith I guess. I'd rather be out there doing something, but then I'd actually be giving up a lot since I don't have time off from work. I heard that some people here are letting the right people know they have extra beds for the homeless. Wow, that's awesome, but being a single young woman and really only having a couch, not quite sure it's the best scenario for me. So, I guess I pray Lord what do you want me to do? Have Faith. Hope....
I pray hope for the hopeless... that they might somehow find joy and the one thing that can bring them hope and joy. peace. love. grace. mercy. patience. Christ.

in the last words of Red in Shawshank...

i hope... ...

4 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

From the mouth of Tim Pawlenty just this morning, money is really the best contribution we can make right now. And every little bit helps. If every person who could only give $20 assumed that their money wasn't enough, we would be depriving this relief effort of thousands of dollars. I would assume that part of our offering this weekend (or a separate offering) would go to Katrina relief.
I still haven't seem Shawshank Redemption. I think we even own it. It's one of Dan's favorites. I'll have to get to that. Maybe I'll add it to my "maternity leave viewing" list. :)

Erin Bennett said...

I need to learn to proofread my comments BEFORE I publish them. I haven't SEEN the movie, not SEEM! :)

Lisa said...

cute :)... aren't you the English teacher too?

thanks for those words, why do i always think that way automatically... well, i hope that others heard that too.

Lisa said...

man, i was watching the Today Show this morning and it just broke my heart the scenes at the Convention Center down there. I kept thinking of how in half the world, that's really how people are living every day... kind of.. you know?