Monday, January 08, 2007

my joshy

Just a little story about my nephew...

He's a cute little man, and tells it like he sees it. He won't often give you a hug if you ask him to (like if you're leaving and won't see him for awhile), but that's not to say he won't ever give you one either. It's on his terms. I think that's a good quality because you know that when he decides, he really means it.

On New Years day I went to the 'rents house because my sister's fam was there and wanted to play in the fresh snow with the niece and nephew. Well, they didn't have their snow stuff with them since it was pretty brown looking when they left paynesville earlier in the weekend. But, we still played outside but "didn't" play "in" the snow. Or, um, I didn't and they of course couldn't help themselves. We made snow balls and threw them at the house and then at my car, which was pretty dirty. Josh noticed that the snowball spot made it "look" clean, so he took it upon himself to "wash" my car. He was really determined to get it all done, and at one point said, "Anty Lisa, I need help to get this all done"... (I had been helping Sarah shovel snow into the street... or out of the street.. one of the two :)) So, I stopped and helped Josh wash my car.
We played some other games... made miniture snowmen and then decided it was time to go inside. When we were all done and got settled inside, Josh was playing on the chair and said, "I had a lot of fun outside playing! Did you?"
I of course told him I had a lot of fun. What a sweet boy, right? I mean, what 3 year old says stuff like that? Well, maybe many do, but like I said before, when he decides to say something like that, you know he really had fun!
So, even though he doesn't always give hugs before I leave, it doesn't matter so much because he shows his love in his own special way.
Love you Joshy!














(another one of those "moments" he was ready to be done with pictures!)

No comments: