Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Finding Neverland

What an amazingly well done movie. I had been hearing such differing opinions on this one and now I can understand why. I think some people just don't know how to enjoy an artfully dramatic kind of movie, they just don't know how to integrate the beautiful imagery into the story and how it really plays a big part in how you understand the movie. If you let it in, it can take you deep into the heart of what they were trying to get across. That's my "artist" hat speaking. I just loved the story too. My mom works at a Senior Housing developement and plans activities for the residents and this happened to be one of the movies they watched once. She said it was the first time she had more than a couple of them in tears. I guess there were about 10 who were brought to tears. It makes sense, being they are older and probably often wonder about death. I could see it being an inspiring or possibly motivating movie for them. If you haven't seen it I don't want to go into detail, but you'll understand when/if you do/have.

Props to Johnny Depp as well... that man has deserved an oscar so many times, I wonder if he'll be one of those older actors who never won an award but did phenominal jobs each time. He is just so versatile and really "gets" the role he's playing you feel like that's really him as if there is no difference between his acting and his real life person. Not to mention his boyish charm and good looks. Who can resist him? :) tee hee

Well, that's my blog for this week... later ya'll

No comments: