Monday, May 30, 2005

Coldplay blues

Two blogs in one night... is that allowed? sure it is...
so, i just thought i'd let anyone who cared about my other coldplay post know, that i infact did NOT get into the lottery to have a chance at the pre-sale tickets. I think it was all a scam just to take up 1min. of my precious time! :) So, the debate now is... how much do I really desire to see them in concert? It's not like I've been a fan since they started... it was really only two years ago... actually barely two years ago. That really shouldn't matter... in that time I've grown to enjoy them... there was a time I put them down so as to not get sick of them... but realized I just don't think I will. The songs are unique enough to not all sound the same... except you always know that it's a Coldplay song... if they become as big as U2, i could always have the story that I was saw them in concert... before tickets started at 50bucks a pop (that's what it was for U2, then it jumped up to 160 or something awful like that). they start at 34 for CP..

anyways... are they worth it to stand in line at the box office/ticketmaster hours before, just to get tickets?? that is my quandry for the week, they go on-sale this sat.... i must make my decision by friday night... any Coldplay fans have pros/cons for me on this? Anyone been to a concert of theirs... or know anyone I could check with.... i'm in a conundrum :)

6 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

I say go for it. You might as well try! :)

david said...

Get the tickets. You seem to be a pretty big Cold Play fan and I'm guessing you would regret it if you never saw them. Granted, this won't be your only chance, but it probably won't get easier to buy tickets.

Or are you just too "Yellow" to stand in line? Whew, was that a bad joke...

Lisa said...

Yellow? Did you call me Yellow?


haha... many bad jokes this weekend... one last one to send me off into work-land. blaaaahhhhkk

Erin Bennett said...

Yellow? I don't get it.
How was Keane?

Lisa said...

well... i think it was in reference to Back to the Future III, that was supposedly what they said instead of "chicken" in the old west.
or he could have also meant it do be a pun because of the song "yellow" by Coldplay...

I forgot you knew I went to the Keane concert... it was pretty good. But I just realized all they play for instruments are piano&hammondB3 and percussion... which makes for a very cool sound... but sometimes it just all sounds the same. it was enjoyable though :)

david said...

Yes, Lisa is right. Yellow is both a way to say someone is scared and a Coldplay song. That is where the humor both begins and ends.